March 27, 2012

Owl Always Be There For Yoo


FCCB CHALLENGE (Out like a Lamb)

This is my second post today , click here to see Wisp Tutorial (Frenzy) and my little fella's new hair cut!

I love joining the challenges over at FCCB (Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog), I get to see many other creations in the link up section. This weeks challenge is called "Out like a lion" and we are asked to make a project with a gentle animal, lamb, kitten, puppy etc. I wouldn't normally consider an owl to fit in the gentle category but this fella looks harmless , lol

I used the cricut cartridge Cindy Lou to make the layered owl and I love him! I also tried using different bright contrasting color combination and I love the way it turned out!

Here is my project!

I have a heart template I used to trace around and cut out two of them, one was a solid white , I stamped the trees using Ranger's black Soot Ink Pad, The other heart , background and top layer of owl was made with foil card, doesn't it pop?? I had so much fun creating this loud card!

Tomorrow I will be posting about what cutting program can be used with Cricut expression.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Naomi. Thank you for your sweet comments. I love this card. Great color combo on the cool owl. I'm a new follower for your blog too. I also subscribed to your email because frankly I'm nosy and can't stand to miss anything. lol

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo cute!!! LOVING the colors and the layered hearts!!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness Naomi..this is AMAZING!!! I love the color combo and your sweet fury fella:) Adorable and you are right-this just pops! I have to try the foil..wow, never tried that!! TFS! Another awesome creation!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

scrapqueen141 said...

Very cute card, I love owls and yours looks very gentle. Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Christina Griffiths said...

Fabulous card and it really does POP. The foiled card is lovely and I love the Googly eyes on that cheeky owl.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a fun, bright, happy card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...