February 13, 2013

You hold the key to my heart "Scrapbooking Layout"



 
Happy Wednesday!!!!
 
I thought I would change things up a bit and do a scrapbooking layout. What's unique about my layout is I converted it into a wall hanging by using cork board as a base and hung it my craftroom.
 
I choose pictures with lots of green showcasing nature to compliment the background paper. These are random pictures on different occasions where Michael and I were enjoying a bright sunny day...so refreshing when everything has been white for so long don't you agree?
 
 
Click on image to view the sparkly details.
 
 
I created my flowers with random prima flowers I had in my stash and used cotton balls as a base...
  • I took the cotton ball and spread it out in one direction, tore it at the center and made an "X" and placed underneathe flower.
  • I used Spellbinders Scalloped Squares and Rectangles for the picture's of myself and Michael, I used the negative for the stream scene.

  •  
     
  • I used Pearlizing Medium on my flowers and random spots throughout the layout, if it is shiny then it is pearlized!
  • I used my "Big Bite Crop a Dile" punch to make holes through the layout and cork board then simple added string and hung it on my wall. (I love "easy!")


  •  
    I love Michael's half grin in this picture and his Big Nate hair, hehe!!
     
     
    I used tim holtz black distress ink for the title, the title is a wooden stamp I bought for only a buck fifty at Michael'store.
     
    Have a fantastic day!!!!!

    11 comments:

    jessica said...

    This is so gorgeous Naomi!! What a GREAT LO of Michael!!! Awesome details and FAB colors!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day :)

    Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful LO. It made a gorgeous wall hanging.

    Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

    So beautiful!! I love love love love love the photos (that one of Michael is precious!!) and loveeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers!!

    Dr Sonia S V said...

    It looks so beautiful Naomi

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    Stunning!

    Anonymous said...

    I love it Naomi! I love everything about it & the meaning behind it! Fabulous job! :)

    Lisa said...

    This is absolutely beautiful, Naomi!! What a gorgeous layout turned wall hanging!! The paper and design are fabulous!! And the pictures are so adorable!! Michael is so sweet!! Love it my friend!! Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    Karon said...

    This is gorgeous Naomi - love the LO and such an awesome way to display it! TFS

    yyam said...

    Such a sweet layout! Love the pics and the blooms! Sparkly finishes are the best type of finish!

    Sandie said...

    Fuzzy comment ... Happy Valentines Day to you and Michael.... xxxxxxoooooooo (slobber, slobber - minus the cold germs).

    I adore, ADORE, I mean .... ADORE your layout Naomi, you are unique and its beautiful .... the cotton balls (amazed me) - so clever, who would of thought to use cotton balls? You obviously!! LOL Gorgeous photographs and I think Michael's half smile, is adorable.

    You need to do more LO's..... yep, yep, yep....xx

    Karen said...

    My sweet friend, Happy Hearts Day!!! What a treat to see this gorgeous scrapbook LO/wall hanging today! The design is spectacular and so perfectly executed. The paper is lovely and I couldn't adore those photographs any more than I already do! Every detail of this project of LOVE is gorgeous. So clever, so beautiful, and bursting with the radiance of a glorious sunbeam. :o) Marvelous work, my dear Naomi. You are a gem!

    Hugs and blessings!

    FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

    Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

    You may also like...